Climate and Health Issues: Cleaning Services in Dubai
Dubai is a hot, humid and dusty place and residential cleaning services in Dubai have a hard time trying to stay on top of the various cleaning and hygiene issues that can crop up in such a climate. The two places that can affect health the most in any place whether at home or in an establishment are the kitchen and the bathroom. The cleaning and hygiene routines have to be followed carefully.
Why Kitchen and Bathrooms?
Any place in a house which has water and heat together is bound to be a good breeding ground for pathogens like bacteria, fungus and mould. These pathogens are mostly invisible to us and if they are not dealt with in a decisive manner can infect us and cause diseases.
When you add food and other organic matter to the heat and humidity, you have on hand a situation that is ready to explode anytime. This is the reason why cleaning services in Dubai have to pay proper attention to these two areas of the house to prevent diseases.
Cleaning the Kitchen
It is very hard to keep a kitchen dry at all times. There is so much going on that there is always some moisture somewhere in the kitchen which will encourage the growth of pathogens. From wet dish cloth to the kitchen sink, practically everything is teeming with pathogens. Not all of which are harmful, but some of them are and that can cause a problem.
Tips to clean a kitchen:
- Clean all the kitchen cloths and wipes in hot water and dry them out in the sun before using them. You need to do this every day.
- Clean all the kitchen surfaces with hot water and soap every day and especially before preparing meals.
- Clean the cooking stove or hob after every meal. Make sure that you clean all around it and if it is a counter top one, under it for any food spills. Same goes for all other kitchen appliances that you may use.
- Change the cleaning sponges and cloths at regular intervals or wash and dry them after every use. Best way to clean the sponges and tea cloth is to put them in a microwave oven for 2 -3 minutes, this should generate enough heat to kill most bacteria breeding in it.
- Use a disinfectant to clean the sink and the area around it every day at least once a day. Use bleach to clean the kitchen drains at least once a week.
Cleaning the Bathroom
Besides cleaning the toilet bowl and the wash basin, there is a lot of other places in the bathroom where pathogens can grow. The shower cubicle is perhaps the most vulnerable of all.
Tips for Cleaning The Bathroom
- Wipe and dry the shower area after a shower.
- Install a dehumidifier or a strong extractor fan to extract the moist air out and dry the washroom quickly.
- Clean and wipe all the surfaces with hot soapy water or a disinfectant.
- Clean the tiles and grout regularly
- Change or clean the shower curtains regularly to avoid mildew.
If you clean your kitchen and toilets well enough, you should be able to avoid a lot of common infections.